US Financial Director
We are working with an exciting, tech-forward and innovative online trading brokerage who is searching for a US Financial Director! You will be an integral part of the Executive Team that controls all financial functions of the business units while continuously seeking to improve profitability. You will lead a team of financial managers and work closely with the senior management on financial operations for the US broker dealer and all SEC/FINRA regulatory requirements.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $190,000 - 230,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Master's Degree
experience: 10 Years
· Manage financial controls and processes including revenue recognition, invoicing, accounts receivables, accounts payable, general ledger, income taxes and compensation
· Review and ensure appropriate internal controls procedures and that all SEC/FINRA rules related to the operations of the US equities business are adhered to .
· Consolidate budgets, forecasts, and assess the company's financial performance and communicate potential risks / operational goals
· Prepare detailed management accounts , metrics packs and drive overall financial goals.
· Prepare and present financial information for the Board of Directors
· Manage relationships with banking, financial institutions, vendors, etc.
· Manage licensing and regulatory filings
· Document the due diligence processes, tracking, and reporting on existing investments
· Prepare for Audit Reviews with outside auditing staff
· Understand the trade finance business and regulatory landscape
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Actuarial or related fields with an advanced degree (Master's / MBA).
· 10+ years' experience in Finance and Accounting, 7+ years' experience in senior financial management with a successful track record in FinTech and/or brokerage environment
· CPA required
· Hold a Series 27 license (can consider Series 28, with the ability to get a Series 27)
· Experience with annual audits of Broker Dealers
· Experience with brokerage Net Capital requirements
· Experience filing FOCUS Reports
· A strong knowledge of US Equities markets and the entire life cycle of the trading ecosystem
· Demonstrate leadership qualities to manage teams and communicate with the Board of Directors
· Experienced in securing funding sources and structuring trade finance products based on market needs
· Exposure to established or newly set up fintech / trading platforms
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented, capable of prioritizing, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
· Microsoft Excel, skills required (VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Pivot tables, complex formulas, macros); Sun Accounting Systems; Concur
Knowledge of systems preferred, but not required:
Want to learn more? Please reach out to Bridget Janso at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply for more information!
skills: Trading, CPA, Series 27
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.