The Junior Accountant will assist with accounts payable, reconciliations, sales tax, balance sheets, and post adjustments. Qualified candidates will have experience from a project environment, knowledge of vendor management, will be collaborative, and willing to take on various accounting projects per the needs of financial leadership.
location: Mansfield, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 5 Years
- Paying vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Track and make sales tax payments as necessary across multiple new england
- Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Reconciles general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Accounting Preferred, but not Required
- Hands on experience with Accounts Payable and Reconciliations
- Experience with Accounting Software necessary
Please email me directly at email@example.com to hear more about this and other exciting opportunities we have across New England. We're interviewing this week!
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliations, State & Local Tax, Payments/Cash Posting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.