Be part of a company that REALLY matters, who wants to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty and to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, the Accounting Manager is a key driver of the monthly accounting and leading the team.
- Drive the full accounting function for a six person team of a $60M not-for-profit organization, this is a new position reporting into the Controller.
- Ownership of the month end close, financial statements, financial reporting, cash management, balance sheet, work with outside auditors, policy and procedure.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Financial Reporting
Oversee the invoicing of contracts in accordance with contract terms to ensure timely billing and collection of receivables
- Oversee the monthly closing process by distributing the monthly closing calendar and monitoring progress daily to ensure deadlines are met and all tasks are completed.
- Review and approve monthly journal entries, bank reconciliations and account analysis schedules and review and approve use of donor restricted monies.
- Oversee the invoicing of contracts in accordance with contract terms to ensure timely billing and collection of receivables.
- Review and approve monthly investment activity reconciliations.
- Perform monthly expense review in accordance with the closing calendar.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and all supporting schedules for review by the Controller.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly Indicator Reports and ensure accuracy of information presented.
- Complete and file financial reports for New Market Tax Credit investors.
- Complete monthly cash management report in accordance with the closing calendar.
- Complete annual census forms as required, Credit Cards, Petty Cash
- Review payroll register each pay period and verify changes to payroll change forms submitted
- Review expense and credit card reimbursements report to ensure that only approved reimbursements were processed
- Coordinate preparation of client schedules requested by auditors
- Provide auditors with all requested documents for testing during field work
- Review and approve entry for sales tax remittance.
- Oversee the timely and accurate completion of 1098 C/1099 forms.
- Ensure Accounting Department staff are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Prepare staff evaluations, monitor progress on goals and submit annual salary adjustments for above staff.
- Complete credit applications as requested.
- Write policies and procedures for various accounting functions.
- Conduct training on accounting policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Seven plus years of experience in financial reporting, including supervisory experience.
- Strong financial reporting skills.
- Supervisory experience.
- The ability to coordinate workload of staff to meet deadlines.
- CPA or MBA and experience with Not-for-Profit is preferred.
skills: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Journal Entries, Accruals, Financial Reporting, Payroll Processing, Audit - Internal, Financial Reporting - External, Financial Reporting - Internal, 1099s, $0-50 million, $50-100 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.