One of the largest companies to work for in Virginia is looking for an experienced Tax professional to be the right-hand person to their Tax Controller. This person will serve as the subject matter expert for technical tax issues as well as their go-to person for special tax projects.
We are looking for professionals with at least 8+ years of Public Accounting experience, working with ASC 740 income tax provision, technical tax issues, and leadership experience. CPA is a must.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Assist with various tax planning and research projects such as the review of proposed M&A transactions and corporate strategy and new investment initiatives
- Perform technical tax research on a variety of Federal, state, and international tax topics
- Prepare written memorandums documenting findings
- Prepare quarterly and annual income tax provision calculation under ASC 740
- Manages tax audits through the appeals process if necessary.
- Support the Staff and Senior Tax Accountants
- Assist in special tax projects as needed.
qualifications: Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 8+ years of public accounting experience (ASC 740 experience is required)
- 4+ years of tax leadership experience dealing with complex issues
- CPA/JD License
For a confidential conversation, please reach out to email@example.com
skills: Tax Research, CPA, Tax Provision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.