Randstad USA is seeking a Federal Tax Manager for an exciting and challenging opportunity direct-hire opportunity.
Randstad USA is working with a Fortune 500 company near Deerfield to identify a skilled Manager for Federal Tax Compliance.
This role manages and implements tax strategies in order to reduce the Company's overall tax burden and risk. Helps to ensure that tax planning initiatives are properly incorporated into the tax compliance process. Assists in driving process improvement opportunities for tax function. Supports acquisition team focusing on due diligence and integration. Serves on a cross-functional team, providing technical knowledge and advice to team members.
Addresses technical issues through utilizing specialized tax and accounting skills and recommends solutions.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Manages the tax process and implements short and long-term tax savings initiatives by collaborating with the various tax functions.
- Partners with planning function to provide support and development of new processes for planning projects.
- Develops staff by explaining complex tax concepts and procedures, documentation and presentation requirements, research and writing techniques, business transactions, and tax minimization and audit defense plan.
- Support audit function by analyzing and reviewing information requests and collaborating in the resolution of audit issues.
- Participates in divisional and company-wide projects and programs to develop engagement for division-wide and company-wide initiatives.
- Manages the preparation of tax filings which minimize overall tax liability to the Company and continually develops tax improvements to minimize tax liability.
- Upon acquisition, implements processes with acquired company's management to integrate processes.
- Partners and collaborates in the tax audit defense process.
- Partners and collaborates in the development and execution of tax strategies that reduces overall tax costs/burdens to the Company.
- Collaborates with Finance and Accounting on tax and accounting issues impacting the Company's financials.
- May develop, mentor, guide and oversee staff ensuring the development of employees through orientation, training, establishing objectives, communication of rules, and constructive discipline; builds employee morale, motivation and loyalty.
- Proactively recommends changes in tax procedures, tax methodology and/or tax calculations to tax teams.
- Monitors tax legislation and provides advice on tax issues. Conducts research of applicable tax laws in order to resolve complex tax issues and resolves tax issues and develops best practices for team to implement.
- Manages consulting relationships by identifying consultants for projects, developing scope and fees for task order and managing project deliverables by consultants.
5+ years of Federal Tax Experience, ideally in a large corporate environment.
skills: Corporate Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.