A prominent association in Washington, D.C announces an opening for a Grants Accountant to join their Finance Department. This position is responsible for carrying out general accounting duties efficiently and accurately, and for contributing to overall effectiveness of the accounting department. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for grant funders on financial issues and be the main liaison between the finance and grants department.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Be an actively participating member at the weekly grant check in meetings.
- Maintain open items list of items from the grant meetings.
- Respond to requests for information on various grants.
- Maintain grant files including final signed grant agreements, approved grant budgets, and other relevant grant information.
- Submits financial reports to grant funders as required under grant agreements.
- Submit payment requests in appropriate portals for reimbursement of grant expenses.
- File forms 425 and 270 as needed.
- Prepares the monthly recognition of grant releases and journal entry to record reimbursement revenues and overhead.
- Reconcile the roll forward of temporarily restricted net assets.
- Reconcile invoice submissions against recognized revenues.
- Provide detailed GL reports to program managers for review.
- Provide monthly grant reports to program managers for review.
- Ensure program managers are updating forecasts and projections in Adaptive Insights (budgeting and forecasting software).
- Reconcile payroll reports to grants.
- Maintain rolling schedule of SEFA expenditures.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual NICRA.
- Serve as liaison with auditor on annual audit for all grant activity.
- Prepare Schedule B for annual 990.
- Complete miscellaneous administrative tasks and other duties as appropriate and assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Experience with grant and project-based accounting systems
- Experience working with multiple related entities
- Thorough familiarity with Microsoft office applications, accounting software applications, and Adaptive Insights (budgeting software)
This organization offers a complete benefits package and work/life balance.
Salary for this position is $65,000 - 75,000.
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.