Randstad Professionals is currently recruiting for an experienced Mortgage Underwriter!
Randstad Professionals is the largest staffing agency in the world, and one of the
leading in the nation for job placements! The Richmond division of Randstad
Professionals specializes in positions in the mortgage, finance, and accounting fields. We
have roles ranging from Loan Assistants to Senior Underwriters!
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 3 Years
Responsibilities for this position Include:
- Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property, and loan conditions meet establishment and government standards.
- Evaluates acceptability of loan to corporations that buy real estate loans on secondary mortgage markets, where existing mortgages are bought and sold by investors.
- Determines terms and acceptability of risk of prospective business. Approves or rejects loan application or requests additional information.
- Records loan rejections, specifying investor and institution guidelines and basis for declining application, such as insufficient cash reserves.
- Utilizes software system to assembles documents in loan files, including acceptance or denial.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Five or more years FNMA/FHLMC underwriting and/or processing experience;
- DU & LP experience and be eligible for approval by FHA as a Direct Endorsement (DE) Underwriter. EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Any interested and qualified individuals should send their resume directly to:
We look forward to working with you!
skills: Mortgage Underwriting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.