Great opportunity to join a well established and growing company in Delaware. Opportunity Overview
The Controller will be responsible for the daily functions of the accounting team and will be primarily responsible for maintaining the financial and administrative infrastructure of the company.
We are seeking a dynamic, high energy individual who has the combination of education, work experience, personality and drive that will help to lead our organization into the next phase of our growth plan. Above all, this position demands a hands on approach; someone who dives into the details.
location: Smyrna, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare monthly financial reports, annual and quarterly budgets and forecasts in accordance with GAAP
- Implement efficient accounting procedures and financial controls
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly operating results to management team
- Oversee and drive the month-end close process and maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger including account reconciliations
- Manage accounting team and functions including AP/AR, Payroll and General Ledger
- Study operating cost inefficiencies and recommend remedial action
- Assist with special projects with focus on continuous improvement
- Manage bank relationships
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Solid GL experience with at least 2 years of prior experience in accounting function
- Strong proficiency in Excel and experience with ERP systems.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards, best practices, internal controls and GAAP
- Ability to work independently (self-starter) and the ability to work effectively with senior-level staff
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Confident, composed and has the ability to change direction with minimal notice
- Analytical, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Hands on style with ability to supervise and equally participate
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.