Our client located in North Charlotte is currently looking to hire a Payroll Specialist to add to their growing team!
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 2 Years
- Monitor and process union and non union payroll
- Process and update new and existing union dues for Union Employees.
- Enter and validate W4, State and Local Tax requests
- Ensure time sheets are entered, approved and submitted by the deadline in order to begin the payroll processing on weekly, biweekly and semimonthly basis.
- Validate time is entered correctly on time-sheets to avoid errors
- Review payroll edits to verify all entries and corrections were processed correctly
- Update sick, vacation and leave accruals on weekly, biweekly and semimonthly payrolls
- Process off cycle paychecks where state laws are applicable
- Research, analyze and resolve payroll requests from management on a daily basis
- Enter and update new and existing employee benefit elections on a biweekly basis
- Manually correcting time sheets to ensure accurate payout
- Prepare direct deposits and print paychecks for distribution
- Candidates must be proficient within Excel (Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP's)
For *immediate* consideration, please apply and email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.