Randstad Professionals is actively assisting a long time client with its search for an Assistant Controller in the Greater Winston-Salem NC area. Our client is a well established and profitable organization with a strong track record of employee development and retention. They are offering a strong compensation and benefits package and are looking to hire quickly.
location: Hamptonville, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- The Controller is responsible to develop policies, procedures and controls to ensure the integrity of financial statements, including the planning, budgeting and reporting of operational results. The Controller will be responsible to ensure the development of scalable business processes to support a dynamic business environment.
- Experienced in the consolidation of domestic and foreign subsidiaries in US GAAP and IFRS financial reporting.
- Supervises all accounting functions for the business unit, including general ledger accounting, cost accounting, and grower accounting.
- Ensures that all policies, controls and process improvement activities are consistently applied to support operational requirements.
- The Controller should have an operations focus, tailoring financial reporting to support decision making. Financial reports should be relevant and timely.
- Drives the monthly close process of the supported departments and business units, ensuring the Company's financial/accounting process is performed in a timely and accurate manner per the close calendar and according to US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Partners with other Finance/Accounting teams to ensure consolidated financials are complete and accurate, and accounting is consistent across entities.
- Develops, coaches and manages team of accounting personnel. Establishes goals and measures to track the success of the department.
- Reviews financial fluctuations financial statements at business functional segment level and provides variance analysis.
- Readily accepts new opportunities and takes appropriate actions to ensure the work is done; energizes team members to achieve timely results; sets expectations and empowers others to problem solve; demonstrates good judgment; facilitates successful and appropriate solutions.
- Works closely with and is accountable to the Corporate Controlling team to provide reports and schedules used for consolidating reporting and analysis. Supports external audit requirements for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- 7-10 years of progressive related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- ORACLE experience preferred
- Supervisory or management experience required
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- CPA required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and a desire to assume new responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply here, and contact Jordan Schilit with Randstad Professionals at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate and confidential consideration.
skills: Account Reconciliation, CPA, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.