The Payroll Tax Specialist will compile, analyze, and document issues on payroll and related fiscal activities in order to identify systemic issues or problems. The Payroll Tax Specialist will research and respond to payroll inquiries from customers and stakeholders. This position will support internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for payments made to appropriate tax agencies.
location: Fort Worth, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
- Reconcile employee payroll tax multi-state jurisdictional reports to ensure accurate reporting of wages, taxes, and W2's
- Reconcile the gross payroll to taxable wages and gross to net wages on semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Resolve tax calculation errors during the normal payroll process
- Process ADP invoices and save to shared drive for Accounting
- Resolve and record all tax notices discrepancies from ADP on ADP Tracking Log
- Process monthly tax returns and payments for responsibility (15th of month)
- Process quarterly tax returns and payments (OTX, KY)
- Generate monthly reports for ADP Invoices and Garnishments for Accounting
- Complete monthly DOL reporting for NC
- Process special audit requests from Union Settlement as required
- Update the State/SUI Rate Log as needed
- Prepare Multi worksite reports online and paper copy
- Prepare and maintain departmental procedures as new processes are streamlined
- Review and resolve CER - Client Error Reports transactions
- Review Quarterly Tax Verification Letters on as need basis
- Coordinate the W-2 process with HRIS for returns and replacements via W2 Hotline
- Process and distribute daily mail correspondence
- Maintain periodic, quarterly and annual reconciliation of liability transmissions to ADP.
- Assist Senior Tax Analyst with quarterly and annual payroll tax filings.
- Update and process state withholding, unemployment and city tax rates to ADP.
- Research and respond to notices from federal, state and local taxing authorities.
- Ensure that all tax related updates are fully tested and implemented in payroll systems.
- Provide special project support as needed.
- 5+ years of high volume multi-state payroll tax experience
- Working experience with ADP's EV4 or EV5 payroll systems preferred
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local multi-state payroll tax regulations
- Familiar with taxable wages, compliance, and payroll related forms
- Proficient in Microsoft applications for (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Experience with ReportSmith a plus
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive data
- Solid analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Self- starter and a team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and learn new skills
- Ability to work effectively in a high paced environment and a changing organization
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Excel and Word)
skills: Payroll Tax, Payroll Tax-Multistate, Payroll - 500+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.