job summary: This is a great opportunity to join a very successful publicly listed medical devices manufacturer to help lead their corporate tax team!
- Exciting $6B essential business - a manufacturer and distributor of products, services and solutions to the life sciences and advanced tech industries, very fast paced, collegiate and dynamic group, and directly manages 2 Tax Managers.
- Corporate team that perform tax related functions associated with completing the company's tax return; development and implementation of tax planning strategies, and the completion of the tax aspects of financial reporting (ASC 740).
location: Wayne, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 12 Years
- Develop and implement processes and techniques for tasks to improve the Tax Department performance and SOX control environment in the income tax area
- Oversee and complete the quarterly tax reporting for income taxes for inclusion in the Company's 10Q; complete reconciliations for tax accounts, providing materials for reporting disclosures
- Oversee and complete the annual tax reporting for income taxes for inclusion in the Company's 10K; including the complete reconciliations for tax accounts, providing materials for reporting disclosures, maintenance of annual controls
- Oversee the gathering and documenting of book-tax differences used in the worldwide tax provision, and domestic and Canadian return reporting
- Work with local finance directors to manage their group income tax reporting, support local tax compliance and statutory reporting needs, and support centralized documentation and disclosure activity throughout the group
- Research; quantification, and documentation of tax positions and strategies in connection with Research & Planning team for purposes of tax reporting
- Understanding of complex income tax concepts in both an Internal Revenue and FASB including pensions, revenue recognition, and purchase accounting
- Demonstrate an understanding of sophisticated tax concepts and actively pursue increased tax knowledge through assignments and current tax developments
- Oversee completion of various Canadian, US Federal and State Income and Franchise Tax returns and audits by managing internal resources and external vendors.
- Manage various aspects of the tax team to complete recurring or special projects including the leveraging and deployment of tax relevant technology, group financial analytic tools, and the use of offshore resources
qualifications: EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Admin
- Experience working in Public Accounting with Big 4 experience preferred
- 12+ years of experience in Corporate Income Tax
- Strong financial accounting skills
- CPA and Master of Tax preferred
- Knowledge of OneSource Provision software. Qlikview, SAP, and/or Hyperion preferred, some travel required
skills: Tax Research, Tax Compliance, Tax Planning, tax audit, Tax Supv/Mgmt, Implementation of Tax pronouncements, Tax Provision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.