Our client in Virginia is seeking a Financial Systems Administrator. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and continually improving the organizations financial system, including all accounting, procurement, reporting, time collection and payroll related systems. These systems comprise the administrative and financial reporting foundation for global multimedia operations.
location: Springfield, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Develops short-term and long-term strategic plans to ensure reliable and efficient financial systems and related applications.
- Translates business problems/requirements into technical specifications for system configuration or development.
- Designs and maintains financial system configurations and security.
- Works closely with the IT department to ensure database maintenance, backup, and changes are implemented seamlessly.
- Designs and develops new reports and functionality to existing financial databases.
- Designs, develops and documents financial reports in MS Access, MS Excel, and Cognos 8.
- Ensures test databases are available and used appropriately
- Develops and delivers end-user training.
- Troubleshoots effectively by analyzing issues as they develop and expeditiously resolve problems to ensure uninterrupted workflows.
- Identifies ways and means to increase system service, timeliness, and quality.
- Leads financial system projects meeting schedule, budget and quality goals.
Please Apply Here!
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, business, or related field. Masters Degree a plus.
- Significant functional experience using, implementing or upgrading accounting, finance, supply chain, HR, and payroll systems.
- Proficiency with financial systems as well as ability to work with presentation, database, and spread sheet software required. Experience with Deltek Costpoint version 7, Costpoint Web and Cognos strongly preferred.
- Excellent command of English grammar with strong verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to compose, edit and proofread business correspondence.
- Must have strong time management and planning skills and be able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and assignments with little supervision.
skills: Cognos, Deltek Costpoint, Analysis - Brand/Market
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.