Our client in Virginia is seeking a Payroll Accountant to process payroll transactions, monitor time and attendance, and payroll operations for the company. The Payroll Accountant will monitor payroll reports and conduct analysis to ensure leave balances are accurate, the appropriate use of leave, and manage the payroll report distribution process.
location: Springfield, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Serves as the payroll specialist for the design, implementation and enhancement of all payroll systems, processes and controls.
- Controls, certifies, pays and audits payroll claims and transactions in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establishes, modifies and develops procedures related to payroll claims and employee claims processing, Ensures compliance with statutory and regulatory authorities, generally accepted accounting standards and methods for processing audits and accounting for payments.
- Researches and resolves incompatibilities between the Human Resources and Payroll systems.
- Develops and prepares accounting statements, reports and related financial information on salary advances, expenditures and repayments, Coordinates and consults on payroll and employee claims.
- Identifies and resolves problems in the payroll processes and systems, as well as other support systems, Research, analyze, and resolve issues related to organization and project codes.
- Validates a variety of payroll and accounting data that is entered into vouchers, schedules and general ledger accounts, Provides expert advice on the interpretation of accounting regulations and the impact of new legislation or programs initiatives.
- Reconciles payroll related general ledger accounts and prepares correcting journal entries, Analyze payroll reports, status of funds reports, and other financial reports for the preparation of summary statements, Report and propose solutions/alternatives to solve problem payroll areas, Serves as an expert authority on payroll accounts.
- In all assignments, the incumbent is responsible for identifying any problems and/or irregularities, which may appear in payroll data, the incumbent provides solutions when well-established procedures apply and develops new procedures where one does not exist for problems and irregularities.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 years payroll accounting experience.
- Familiarity with Federal and State income tax payment processing.
- Experience with Costpoint, Deltek Time & Expense and ADP accounting software.
- Knowledge of payroll requirements. Professional knowledge of the theory, principles, concepts and practices of payroll operations and disbursements to
- apply this knowledge to broad and difficult assignments, including 401K/pension and garnishments.
- Ability to write reports, to develop staff papers that accurately reflects findings and recommendations regarding fiscal and disbursing operations.
skills: Deltek Costpoint, Payroll Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.