Our client in Virginia is seeking a full-time Senior Accountant to provide accounting services for small government contractors and to provide other accounting support as needed for other firm clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team with great benefits!
location: Fairfax, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Review of contracts, prepare contract brief, prepare contract billings per contract
- Review of subcontracts, prepare subcontract brief, review and reconcile subcontract billings to subcontract and contract
- Calculate indirect rates - set up of intermediary and final cost pools
- Assist clients with preparation of incurred costs submissions
- Assist clients with DCAA/DCMA audits
- Assist clients with GSA schedules/GSA audits and similar multi-award contracts
- Reconciliation of expense reports/credit card charges to contracts or subcontracts
- Reconciliation of travel charges to per diems/allowables
- Reclassify or verify unallowable costs, either by statute or by terms of the contract
- Review and assist clients with contract flowdowns
- Assist with the design and implementation Adequate Accounting System - including assisting clients to develop, implement and document policies and procedures, internal controls, best practices
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for clients as requested
- Provide write-up services on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis to a variety of firm clients as needed
- Setup QuickBooks data files from scratch and be able to customize to fit client industry and specialized reporting requirements, assistance and direction to be provided by Manager or Partner
- Train clients in setup and use of QuickBooks and other government contract accounting software applications
- Follow up with clients for information, forms and communicate critical deadlines to ensure timely completion of engagements.
- Prepare 1099s, W-2s, BPOL, PPT and other forms for clients as needed
Please Apply Here!
- Minimum of 5 years of government contracting accounting experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- Solid knowledge of FAR/CAS and the federal procurement process
- Thorough knowledge of accrual basis and cost accounting
- Ability to calculate indirect rates and prepare incurred cost submissions is a plus
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, Acrobat Pro and QuickBooks Pro
- Proficient in setting up QuickBooks Pro accounts, including use of classes, job costing and budgeting functions
- Familiarity or knowledge of other QuickBooks Pro and Intuit Payroll products desirable
- Proficiency in PROCAS, Unanet and or Deltek is a plus or the ability to learn such applications easily
- Ability to supervise and train paraprofessional staff supporting government contracts and or other small businesses.
- Proficient in preparing work papers and reviewing supporting documents in a paperless environment
- Attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Experience in a small to midsize CPA firm is a plus
skills: Quickbooks, Government Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.