One of Randstad's Property Management clients is currently seeking a Property Accountant to work out of their Miami Corporate office. The qualified candidate will prepare monthly financial statements, perform financial analysis to resolve or explain variances, reconcile bank statement and post journal entries and ensure the integrity of all financial data is maintained on set base of accounts.
location: Newton Center, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepare and deliver Financial Statement packages for an assigned portfolio of multifamily properties following quality standards as instructed. Verify correctness of information prior to submission.
- Prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules. Analyze the Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts for accuracy.
- Complete all general ledger accounting such as accruing for property taxes, insurance, and other property expenses.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the General Ledger. Review periodic reports of general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and correct errors prior to close of accounting period.
- Review and analyze transactions from Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable to ensure they have been accurately coded and recorded. Work with AP and AR to investigate, resolve, and/or report on discrepancies.
- Research, analyze, identify, and explain any variances or unexplained items on the Income Statement and changes on the Balance Sheet.
- Prepare additional financial reports to be included in the Financial Package as requested by our clients.
- Analyze and post end-of-year audit adjusting entries.
- Provide assistance and guidance to Property Management by answering questions regarding monthly Financial Statements and other related matters. Responsible for monthly financial statement package preparation.
- Cross train for all accounting functions.
- Assisting as directed by supervisor in preparing annual and monthly budgeting and forecasting.
- Preparing various ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Must have ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Assisting in accounting or operations projects from time to time as requested.
- Manage operating cash accounts for assigned properties, including recording bank fees and preparing bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for month-end close accounting and review
- Ensure the accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred but not required
- Commercial Real Estate background required
- Financial reporting experience is a plus
- Yardi software experience is a plus.
skills: Property Accounting, Yardi
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.