A Northeast Based Professional Services Firm seeks a Billing Analyst. This position works directly with the partners and legal secretaries to prepare billing and electronic billing submission for assigned clients. The Billing Analyst works independently to prepare client bills generated through Elite Enterprise system from pro-formas, bill finalization, and successful electronic submission when required by the client. The candidate will possess strong analytical acumen and superior customer service.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Generate monthly proformas, draft, and final bills for attorney's review. Utilize specialized knowledge of client and industry standards/requirements in the preparation of bills.
- Review attorney time entries based on client and matter requirements, and suggest corrections when applicable (including resolution of block billing and task codes).
- Review cost entries for compliance with billing guidelines, and suggest corrections when applicable.
- Ensure that partner is updated on billing related issues.
- Demonstrate solid judgement and diplomacy when executing partner requests.
- For e-billed clients, submission of client invoices on the Ebilling Hub or directly with Ebilling vendor applications.
- Work with Collections Team to ensure proactive follow-up on all aged invoices and resolution of short paid invoices.
- Respond to requests from partners and legal secretaries to troubleshoot billing problems and offer constructive solutions to reduce or eliminate billing inefficiencies.
- Provide expense detail back-up to accompany invoices as required.
- Act as a resource for other members of the Billing Department, including technical expertise on specialized billing where applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced business environment.
- Computer skills: strong Excel, Word, Outlook, Elite Enterprise & Ebilling vendor applications.
- Ability to interact with legal and administrative personnel in domestic and foreign offices.
This position is currently working remotely. Salary is $65,000 - 75,000 + Overtime.
skills: $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.