Randstad Professionals is actively seeking a Finance Manager to start a role in uptown Charlotte.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $35.00 - 39.27 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
This position oversees the planning and operations of the Capital and Debt section of the Central Finance Division and the person in this position must be able to make decisions that meet the goals of the Central Finance Division while also meeting the distinct needs of capital and debt reporting requirements for the County with various government agencies and the related rules and regulations. Therefore, the person in this position must oversee the Capital and Debt fiscal and reporting process and integrate the Capital and Debts team's work with other departments within the County and external agencies. The administrator for this team is responsible for insuring all reporting is in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for governments, in compliance with any applicable Governmental Accounting Standards Board pronouncements or Government Finance Officers Associations best practices, all applicable State technical and reporting requirements, and County policies and procedures.
- In depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Governmental Accounting Standards Board Statements and Technical Pronouncements, North Carolina Statutes for local government finance, as well as technical pronouncements related to Capital and Debt reporting such as Federal and State Compliance Supplements, Federal OMB Circulars and Federal Yellowbook.
- Budgetary principles
- Governmental accounting procedures
- Proficient skills in technology such as Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in analysis and interpretation of financial records and documents
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Supervisory skills and experience gained from managing a staff of multiple individuals
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, finance, business, or public administration
5 years of governmental accounting experience
Experience in capital planning preferred
Qualified and interested candidates please apply or send your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.