The Bank Operations Oversight Team is the centralized group responsible for operations activity oversight and risk management of Client's bank and affiliates collectively the "U.S. Bank Entities" or the "Bank(s)".
The role in Bank Operations Oversight is a high profile opportunity to work with and support senior leadership across Operations groups (e.g. SSBO, ISG Product Ops, Wealth Management Ops, Ops Risk & Regulatory Control) as well as across divisions (e.g. Front Office, Financial Control, Legal and Compliance, Information Technology) to execute on their responsibilities to the U.S. Banks.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Verification of 23A / 23B Regulation W exception management documentation and closure processes within Operations across multiple product types (e.g. FX, Fixed Income, Repo).
- Production of key Operations reporting to Senior Management of Bank and Client. Identifying, collating and reporting KRIs/KPIs to measure operational bank business risk. Includes implementing metrics for Bank trading and hedging products.
- Day to day operational support via oversight and central point of escalation for Operations areas supporting the U.S. Bank Entities
- Working with various product areas to establish the correct booking and support structure for products affecting the U.S. Bank Entities.
- Oversight and implementation of U.S. bank regulatory initiatives as they apply to Operations.
- Centralized monitoring, validation, collateral management, and reporting of Covered Credit Transactions (under Regulation W) on the U.S. Bank Entities.
- Ongoing review and maintenance of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Task Orders between the U.S. Bank Entities and affiliates for Operations services provided to the Banks.
- Review, analysis and post-mortem of Operational Risk Incidents (ORIs), Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), audit/exam findings, and/or regulatory findings as they pertain to Operations groups supporting the U.S. Bank Entities.
- Working with Bank Management on strategic initiatives including expansion of the Bank into new product offerings and cost optimization planning.
- Bachelor's degree and previous experience in financial services (3+ years) with Operations risk management (1+ year) function required.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent prioritization and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly with strong flexibility in regard to the duties assigned and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can identify key control points within a process, and then provide assessment of the preventative and detective controls.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and has an execution-focused approach.
- Experience in risk management related to daily processing, escalation of issues and proposed resolution.
- Understanding of U.S. banking industry and key regulations applicable to Client businesses.
- Previous experience with Client products on the U.S Bank Entities including the operations and technology supporting them.
- Understanding of technical risk and control environments, such as experiences in informational security and business continuity management.
- Knowledge of US banking practices regulatory environment strongly desired.
Bank Operations Oversight Team is the centralized group responsible for operations activity oversight and risk management of Client Bank, N.A. (MSBNA) and Client Private Bank, National Association (MSPBNA), collectively the "U.S. Bank Entities" or the "Bank(s)".
skills: Business Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.