Our client in the legal industry located in West LA is looking to add a Staff Accountant to the team!
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Maintains and monitors interests in various venture capital funds, special purpose vehicles and direct stock holdings. Compiles and summarizes fund financial performance and activities during the year.
- Maintains and monitors the interests of the individual investors in the clients portfolio including recording and tracking capital commitments, capital calls, and distributions, both in cash and in-kind.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all fund and investors activities into the fund investment Masterfile and Database.
- Processes quarterly distribution and works with Accounts Payable to ensure timely and accurate issuance of distribution checks.
- Works with brokers and clients Managers to affect the sales of stocks distributed from investment funds and maintains accurate records for tax reporting purposes.
- Monitors adherence to the clients Operating Agreements and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Develops Committee meeting packs, attends Committee meetings and prepares minutes of meeting.
- Assists with the preparation of work papers, and the filing and distribution of tax returns for client and investors.
- Assists with due diligence procedures and assessments of prospective investment opportunities.
- Provides admin and tax related assistance to the Tax Manager.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in accounting or finance.
- 3+ years experience performing general accounting duties, including account analyses and reconciliation.
- Investment accounting experience a definite plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the company.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must know Excel at the intermediate level and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.
- Must display initiative and good judgment.
- Must be highly organized and have great follow through skills.
skills: General Ledger, Bank Reconciliations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.