job summary: Senior Fund Accountant
Our Global Fund Services division is a full service, fund administration and middle office/operations service provider. We offer customized services that allow fund managers to save time, cut costs, improve reporting and enhance investor confidence so that they can focus on the markets and on financial performance. These services cover everything after the trade, for clients employing a wide range of strategies including fixed income, distressed debt, structured credit, foreign exchange, equities, commodities, infrastructure, private equity, real estate, a full range of related derivatives, and more.
The Fund Accountant is responsible for managing the accounting books of an assigned fund. Also ensuring that the balance sheet and profit and loss account are accurately reported on a timely basis within tight deadlines, and makes certain strong internal controls are maintained in accordance with financial policies.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Principal Accountabilities 30% - Daily Accounting
30% - Month End Tasks
- Handle accounting for assigned complex funds, including review of daily price control checks, P&L reasonableness, inter system reconciliations, ensuring that reconciling items are investigated and resolved, or escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure controls are in place and accounts are accurate on a daily basis, providing clear and accurate management information to support decision-making.
5% - Price Products
- Fully reconcile the month end trial balance to independent support for the assigned complex funds.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliation ("ME pack") fully supported with source documentation.
- Provide insightful commentary for balance sheet and P&L movements.
- Ensure balance sheet is reported in accordance with relevant accounting standards, Investment Company Audit Guide and accounting policies as appropriate.
- Review internal dashboards/control reports to ensure SSAE16 items are signed off appropriately.
15% - Process Improvements
- Daily and monthly product pricing for assigned funds.
- Understanding the pricing methodology and valuation models for applicable products in sufficient detail to be able to ensure absolute accuracy.
20% - Other responsibilities
- Identify and implement work process improvements with regards to efficiency and ensuring that strong internal controls are maintained.
- Manage and monitor the timing and quality of deliverable packages to internal stakeholders.
- Cross-train and coach junior team members
- Review yearend audit packs prepared by team
- Answer ad hoc questions from various groups including auditors (internal and external), and the global peer group.
- Work with portfolio manager and traders for the assigned fund to improve knowledge of financial products and trading strategies.
- Work with team members in Operations, Risk and Credit departments as necessary.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- 4+ years' experience in financial services, mutual funds or related field
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with proven ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
- Proven team work skills; able to recognize where you can help the team complete all daily and monthly tasks.
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Audit/Control Minded
- Ability to work in changing, fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge, experience and skills in the use of PC-based systems, including advanced skill in MS Excel.
- Experience with hedge fund and private equity accounting experience desired
- CMA, CPA, CFA level 1 or local equivalent desired
For immediate condsideration please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.