A Bay Area Biotech is seeking a Controller to add to their team. The Controller will be responsible for revenue recognition, reporting operational results, KPI metrics, ensures internal control compliance, financial analysis and advise leadership of costs, budgets, forecast, trends and profit opportunities. Ideal candidates would 8+ years of public and industry experience. Degree in Accounting, CPA or CMA desired. NetSuite, Tableau and QuickBooks system experience preferred.
location: Burlingame, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
responsibilities: Controller Responsibilities
Manage day-to-day accounting of transactions, policies, controls, and procedures
- Ensures accurate and complete financial records and reporting, in compliance with legal requirements, US GAAP standards and company KPI metrics.
- Lead, review, train and mentor accounting staff responsible for accounts payable/receivable, expense reports, sales commission calculation, revenue recognition, collections, fixed assets, bank account and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Partner with FP&A on financial, accounting analysis and reporting
- Assist with development and implementation of performance metric reporting
- Deliver budget variance analysis and other management reports.
- Collaborate with departmental managers and leads to review and forecast expenses and headcount. Manage processes and work to ensure positive interactions.
- Perform technical research and document key accounting policies.
- Responsible for timely month-end close and financial reporting
- Manage income tax compliance for federal and state and sales and use tax reporting and filing.
- Identify and lead reporting improvements to systems, processes, and internal controls.
- Responsible for periodic financial audits and relationships with external auditors
- Cash management
- Ability to travel periodically
- Other projects and tasks, as assigned
qualifications: Controller Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA or CMA desired
- 8 years of relevant professional experience. Public accounting and industry. Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, reporting and compliance.
- Experienced manager able to lead and motivate teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively across all levels of an organization
- High personal integrity and strong work ethic. Excellent writing/documentation skills.
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with NetSuite, Tableau and Quickbooks preferred
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
For immediate consideration, please send resume (Word doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Quickbooks, CPA, CPA Candidate, NetSuite Financials
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.