job summary: The Plant Accounting Manager will report to the CFO and lead a team of 6 for this $250M private manufacturing company that drives the highest industry standards.
- Lead a team of 6, driving month-end close and financial reporting, improvements and change for the financial consolidations and reporting. You will help drive the Accounting ERP customization's and change process management.
- Great company culture, $100-$130k salary, benefits, and a 5% 401k match and this role will be groomed to be the Controller.
location: Levittown, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Evaluate, design and implement best accounting practices and managing a small Accounting team
- Identify and implement process improvements and cost control measures
- Work with Operations and IT on developing new processes and resolving concerns
- Support annual audit, semi-annual review and financial and external audit or reviews
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for submission to management or external partners
- Provide for timely monthly financial closings
- Evaluate and implement accounting pronouncements
- Oversee the monthly inventory reporting process
- Prepare account analysis, reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Prepare/review journal entries & record transactions to G/L ERP system
- Maintain and review the general ledger and reconcile accounts
- Assist / Serve as backup to staff functions
- Update and maintain all company and departmental policies and procedures
qualifications: EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree , 6+ years' experience and 3+ years' experience supervising
- 4+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience developing and maintaining internal controls, cost accounting, and exposure to inventory accounting is a plus
- Microsoft Excel mastery required (VLookup, Pivot Tables) experience with ERP system Microsoft Dynamics NAV is helpful but not required
skills: Financial Statements, Cost Accounting, capital expenditures, A/P Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, A/R Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, $100-250 million, $250-500 million, External Financial Statement Preparation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.