A Digital Marketing Company based in DC seeks a skilled accountant to join its finance team. This role maintains the general ledger and prepares timely and accurate financial reporting for the parent company of more than twenty brands within its portfolio. The successful candidate will work closely with the Corporate Controller and CFO and liaise with operating company brands.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Deliver regular consolidating financial reporting of brand operating companies including necessary eliminating entries
- Evaluate monthly submittals from brand operating companies for consistency and compliance
- Prepare general ledger entries and monthly reconciliations of all holding company balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Prepare holding company audit schedules and conduct audit research
- Provide fee calculations and respond to requests from central services
- Write, revise, document, monitor and enforce accounting policies and procedures
- Provide strategic advisory to regional Controller on operational efficiencies, financial policies, and business strategy
- Analyze current procedures; recommend changes for continual improvement of departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain an orderly accounting books and records
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA/candidate highly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting required; experience in consolidations accounting preferred
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Proactive, hands-on, independent, team player, high level of autonomy and flexibility
Salary for this position is $75,000 - 85,000 + bonus.
skills: $250-500 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.