job summary: Growing NYC Based Consumer Products Organization is seeking a Senior Accountant
We are looking for an Senior Accountant to help manage and support our Accounting & Finance department. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the end to end workstream process related to accounting tasks through development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes, including the daily supervision of one or more team members. The candidate has strong knowledge in regards to U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls and experience working with external auditors
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Ownership of month-end close process for assigned areas, including daily interaction with business partners and external auditors.
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems
- Book and Review monthly journal entries and prepare and review related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintain ownership over preparing analytics over financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they arrive in a timely manner
- Assist in the calculation, presentation and communication of company wide KPI's
- Own the process in development of robust documentation around SOX Compliant Internal Controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet requirements of internal and external auditors.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis and researching or benchmarking best practices inside and outside of the company
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity
- Support business process by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts payable, treasury, tax, human resources, IT, legal and Supply Chain
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, as assigned
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 3 - 5 year(s) of relevant Accounting experience; Public Accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets)
- Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to NetSuite, Oracle, SAP
- Experience supervising one or more staff for one or more years is strongly preferred.
skills: Oracle, SAP, Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.