A boutique consulting firm that specializes in international and domestic tax and accounting. Our quest is to be the key player in our clients' financial dream team. We provide year-round services and support to educate and empower clients to achieve their goals and financial destiny. We are a young, energetic company that is growing rapidly, like the many businesses we work with.
This Tax and Accounting is looking for a Controller to join our team in our Kirkland, WA office.
The controller provides all of the services of a Full Charge Bookkeeper including the complete reconciliation of the full Balance Sheet. This includes the transactional entries of sales, accounts receivable, payments and deposits, bills, bill payments, and accounts payable, payroll journal entries, state excise filings and bank reconciliation procedures.
The Controller is designing a work-flow process for their clients and assigning responsibilities between themselves and the client's accounting staff. The Controller should be able to discuss and explain a wide scope of accounting and tax concepts.
location: Bellevue, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 38 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Prepare full financial statements according to periodic delivery schedule.
- Evaluate the accuracy and completeness of financial statements prepared by others.
- Complete or cause to be completed the monthly close processes of reconciliation.
- Oversee the work of client's accounting staff. Communicate methodology and deadlines.
- Oversee State and Local Tax filings and compliance.
- Improve automation of client's systems through recommending and implementing modern accounting functions, apps, and processes.
- Quickbooks experience (at least three years) QBO experience preferred
- Bookkeeping experience (at least three years)
- Payroll entry experience required.
- Excise filing experience required.
- Full Charge Bookkeeping or Controller work experience preferred.
- At least two years of public accounting experience preferred
- You have a strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships capable of building relationships and working effectively with teams in remote locations
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in accounting management roles - a plus
skills: Quickbooks, Bookkeeping
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.