Senior Manager, Accounting will work very closely with Senior Management and be responsible for managing the accounting staff and the monthly closings of the general ledger accounting and internal/external financial reporting. The Senior Manager, Accounting must have a demonstrated ability to lead and develop the accounting staff and must be able to communicate cross functionally with other departments.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Provide financial reporting within Company policies, guidelines and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process initiatives related to month end close, financial reporting, business operations and process improvements.
- Maintain supporting schedules and roll forwards for balance sheet accounts and reconcile these schedules on a monthly basis.
- Evaluate all systems for possible cost savings and improved efficiencies.
- Manage the year financial statement audit by preparing audit work papers, responding to specific audit requests and the accumulation of disclosure information.
- Supervising the accounting team with the preparation of month-end journal entries, general ledger accounting schedules and internal/external financial reporting
- Review journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations to ensure proper receivable/payable cutoff and monthly revenue recognition accounting is consistent with Company's accounting policies
- Prepare month-end financial reporting package (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and other equity related financial reports)
- Cross functional communication with other departments within the company
- Analyze monthly and quarterly variances and provide explanations to budgets
- Prepare internal financial reports for senior management
- Assist CFO with budgeting process and trend analyses
- Respond to audit and tax inquiries from external CPA firm
- Strong presence and communication skills are critical in this role, as the Senior Manager, Accounting will have significant interaction with senior management, vendors, the board of directors, and other parties
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar field; CPA preferred.
- Experience in cost accounting and intercompany transaction relations.
- 5 years plus of experience in supervisory principles practices, and techniques as well as establishing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines for the accounting team
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, theory, and practices
- Experience in preparing detailed and complex accounting reports, statements, and reconciliations
skills: $500M-1 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.