The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing full cycle A/P and monthly accrual related to the A/P area.
location: Redwood City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Process invoices, expense reports and credit memos in the A/P accounting module
- Sorting, separating and date stamping A/P mail
- Assist in processing purchase requisition in the procurement system
- Matching invoices to back-up documentation
- Providing and/or reviewing account coding
- Maintain A/P files including: unpaid invoices, paid invoices, permanent vendor files, purchase orders, receiving documents and W-9s
- Manage weekly payment cycles, including matching payments to supporting invoices, mailing out checks weekly, and processing ACH and wires
- Research and resolve vendor invoice discrepancies
- Maintain excellent communication and relationships with vendors and employees
- Assist with month-end accruals related to the A/P area (items received but not invoiced, and A/P accrual)
- Prepare and mail annual 1099s
- Assist in quarterly/ annual audit
- Ad hoc reporting and assistance with projects, as requested
- Coordinate/resolve issues of accounting matters with other internal and external personnel within area of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with company accounting policies and the application of generally acceptable accounting principles
- Perform special projects and varied tasks as needed. The candidate's role will evolve with added responsibilities, including other reports and analysis
- Assist in accounting process improvements as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is preferred
- 3+ years of experience
Click to apply.
skills: Intacct, A/P Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.