Randstad Professionals is actively assisting a long time client with its search for a Project Accounting Manager
in Matthews, NC.
Our client is a well established and profitable organization with a strong track record of employee development and retention. They are offering a strong compensation and benefits package and are looking to hire quickly.
location: Matthews, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Prepare and reconcile reports for all development projects compared to budget, analyzing variances between actual and budget amounts, working closely with the Chief Accounting Officer.
- Record or oversee the input of all project additions to the accounting system, following construction accounting guidelines for capitalization of project costs in accordance with GAAP.
- Process all project invoices timely and ensure proper approvals prior to payment
- Upload and maintain approved capital project budgets into accounting system.
- Prepare forecasts of project costs in process and assist in the preparation of project budgets
- Create and monitor a system of controls and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Record all fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting systems and ensure proper GL coding, ensure assets are assigned to correct project categories and correct book and tax useful lives/depreciation methods. Review asset invoices for compliance with Fixed Asset Capitalization Policy and review repairs and maintenance expenditures for potential capitalization.
- Process and record book and tax depreciation in the Fixed Asset system and review calculations for accuracy. Prepare forecasts of book and tax depreciation upon request.
- Prepare fixed asset roll forward schedules, with all supporting schedules of additions, disposals and depreciation expense; reconcile balances in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level accounts in the general ledger.
- Review fixed asset records for obsolescence and recommend assets that should be the considered for disposal.
- Work with external auditors to ensure accurate and timely closing and reporting timelines
- Accounting and payment of invoices for real estate and personal property tax and review such invoices for reasonableness; explain significant variances to management.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply here, and contact Jordan Schilit with Randstad Professionals at email@example.com for immediate and confidential consideration.
- Minimum 5 five years of experience with project / fixed asset accounting
- Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Fixed Asset and Project Reporting system experience preferred.
- Strong verbal & written communication, with ability to take complex concepts and communicate clearly, accurately and persuasively
- Strong attention to detail and a thorough understanding of a real estate project life-cycle
- Supervisory experience preferred.
skills: Account Reconciliation, Fixed Assets
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.