Randstad Professionals is actively assisting a long time client with its search for a Senior Accountant
in Mooresville, NC.
Our client is a well established and profitable organization with a strong track record of employee development and retention. They are offering a strong compensation and benefits package and are looking to hire quickly.
location: Mooresville, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Responsible for the preparation and review of monthly accounting journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for areas of responsibility (such as cash, prepaids, fixed assets, leases, bonus accruals, equity related accounts, etc.) as part of our worldwide accounting close process.
- Perform financial statement analytics for key areas of responsibility and be able to communicate those explanations as part of monthly fluctuation analyses with finance management.
- Proactively analyze variance and discrepancies vs sequential trends and vs budget. Develop root cause analysis and explanations to be presented to management.
- Provide wide range of support for financial statement audits and tax filings
- Help maintain the month-end close calendar and procedures. Lead key close items and ensure the team meets the deadlines per the month-end close schedule. Lead numerous aspects of the close, including cash reconciliation, accrued liabilities, prepaid expenses, and equity and stock-based compensation accounting.
- Prepare data and financial reporting requirements for annual financial audit. Help manage audit schedule and ensure all required deliverables are reviewed and delivered on time; resolve auditor questions as they arise.
- Work cross functionally with internal teams, as well as external teams, to drive high quality reporting results
- Actively participate and collaborate on system implementations, as needed
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects, as needed
- Prepare the accounting entries as related to stock based compensation expense
- Prepare equity rollforward and help maintain accuracy and completeness of the capitalization table
- Assist with various projects, including new system implementations, and be able to suggest process improvements for key areas of responsibility
- Backup for payroll, AP, AR
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply here, and contact Jordan Schilit with Randstad Professionals at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate and confidential consideration.
- 5-7 years' experience in accounting, with track record of growing responsibilities
- Excellent analytic, written, verbal and organizational skills with a proven ability to manage conflicting priorities to deliver a high-quality work product required
- Highly self-motivated individual who is disciplined, detail-oriented, and works well under pressure in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment required
- Balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- A good understanding of both financial and operations controls
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Experience with Sage preferred
- Team player who can work/interact with various departments and levels on a daily basis, including senior management.
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accruals
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.