job summary: Accounts Receivable, Deductions Analyst
Well established CPG company in Westchester County is looking for an Accounts Receivable Analyst that specializes in Deductions. The ideal candidate will have recent exposure working within SAP.
location: Hawthorne, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Processing daily cash/wire transfer receipts.
- Record cash/wire transfer payments from lockbox, bank remittance, and physical checks received daily.
- Work with IT to convert lockbox customers to ACH/EDI payments.
- Contact customers to secure payment remittance information in order to accurately post customer payments.
- Identify customer's remittance and posting to the correct account by invoice/credit memo.
- Create and properly code short-pays and deductions on customer's accounts as directed by customer's remittance advice.
- Post cash daily and compare to cash receipt report, then transfer funds from inter-company accounts using appropriate general ledger account codes as needed.
- Reconcile various bank and general ledger balance sheet accounts on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Maintain cash receipts records and files for any required research/audit and within corporate guidelines.
- Assist with any research related to short-pays and deductions - this may include obtaining proof of delivery receipts, pricing and promotional information, credit/debit offsets and credit memo research.
- Maintain, compile and report information from Credit & Deduction Management system to Accounts Receivable staff and management.
- A minimum of 2 years of cash application/deduction resolution experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business strongly preferred.
- Advanced excel skills required.
- Experience with SAP is required
skills: Accounts Receivable, Cash Applications, Analysis, AR, Month-End Close, Bank Deposits, Cash Posting, Cash Handling, Aging Receivables, A/R Review, AR Billing, Chargebacks/RMA
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.