Randstad Professionals is currently assisting our client located in the Hanover, PA area with an Accounts Receivable Collections role. This is a long term contract role paying $16 an hour.
location: Hanover, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 2 Years
The AR Collections Rep I is responsible for contacting customers with delinquent or passed due accounts and making payment arrangements. This role also maintains effective communications with customers and appropriate sales team on payments, invoices and shipment verifications. Essential Job Duties
- Determines necessary action (i.e. credit holds) for collection of delinquent accounts by contacting customers by telephone, fax, email or in writing and tactfully persuading them to resume payments to comply with the terms of sale.
- Maintains a complete and accurate record of all collection efforts including any corrective arrangements and places notes on the customer's account in current ERP system (JDE/Oracle).
- Investigates and analyzes accounts where customer claims inability to pay and notifies the Team Leader.
- Follows-up as required on deductions, including the identification of any irregularities in payment.
- Works with the sales team to clear all deductions in a timely manner.
- Maintains and reviews the list of high risk accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Identifies accounts for referral to attorney or collection agency for supervisor's review and approval.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of reports (i.e. skipped invoices, collections, credit holds, etc.) as scheduled or requested.
- Works with Accounts Receivable Research team to ensure skipped invoices, short pays and trade spending deductions are researched and cleared, and pricing and promotion issues are addressed.
- Updates customer maintenance fields in JD Edwards and Oracle, as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned or required
qualifications: Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Education and Experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and ERP (i.e. JD Edwards, Oracle) systems.
- Good customer service skills; able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- High school diploma and a minimum of 2 years related collection, accounts receivable and customer service experience.
Please forward resumes to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
skills: Accounts Receivable, Credit & Collections, Commercial Collections
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.