Dynamic fast-growth professional services company based out of Baltimore County is seeking a career-minded Accounting Assistant due to company growth. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Assistant will focus primarily on accounts receivable cash applications and accounts payable processing.
The department is poised for continued growth and this individual will be in a visible role which could lead to additional opportunities and upward mobility over time. Offering strong benefits, competitive pay, and a 40 hour work week.
The incumbent will be required to be in the office 3 days a week as they will be monitoring checks being delivered in the mail.
location: Brooklandville, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 47,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 1 Years
- Receive all inbound checks, wires, and ACH payments to the organization and apply cash to the proper accounts
- Follow-up with customers and field questions in response to their account balances
- Assist with Accounts Payable processing including 3-way match and coding of invoices
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Assist with financial reporting on outstanding AR and AP cash position
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred, not required
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required
- 1+ years experience with Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable processing
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel
- Confident demeanor and a proven self-starter, able to manage your own day with minimal guidance (once trained)
Click to apply, or send your resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
skills: Cash Applications
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.