Responsible for assisting in preparation of estimates in areas of highway, heavy civil and highway bridge projects. Other estimates could also include large concrete paving projects. This position will work closely with Chief Estimator, Project Owners, Vendors, Subcontractors, and Project Managers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a requirement of this position as well as meticulous attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience as a field engineer, estimating a variety of projects and work types in civil construction, project scheduling, and sub/supplier solicitation/comparisons.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Analyze plan documents and other data to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Consult with vendors, personnel in other departments or construction superintendents/engineers to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Review material and labor requirements to determine whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components
- Establish the likely progress and completion rates, including allowances for bad weather and other unforeseen circumstances
- Work with the estimating team to produce project schedules
- Calculate a final figure for the estimated cost, supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit, and presenting a bid price
- Collaborate with the design team to produce constructible and cost-effective permanent facility plans in pursuit of design-build work
- Assist with bid closeout and final proposal preparations
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend meetings, site visits, training, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, or Construction Management is required.
- 7+ years of estimating experience or combined field and estimating experience with road, utility, or site development strongly preferred.
- Experience with heavy civil estimating software: HCSS, Hard Dollar, Blue Beam, etc.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to analyze data
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.