Cannabis company based in the South Bay is looking to hire an Accounting Clerk to join their collaborative and friendly team. This individual will be handling basic accounting functions (primarily on the AP side), cash handling, cash receipts, processing e-bills, audit accounting records, writing checks, digital filing etc. Someone that can do excel (pivot tables, v look ups) They use Quickbooks. For immediate consideration, please apply directly to posting to be considered for the role.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assigning and auditing the work of the accounting staff to develop, implement and/or maintain one or a combination of generally accepted accounting systems.
- Overseeing basic Accounting procedures (A/R, A/P, time billing, P/R, G/L, tax payments and inventory control).
- Managing financial statement preparation and month-end and quarterly closing
- Monitoring and reviewing all record of assets, liabilities, and other financial transitions
- Serving as company liaison with auditors (Annual financial and 401K audits)
- Performing all basic accounting procedures, financial statement preparation, month end closing, journal entries and general ledger maintenance, inventory roll forwards, and fixed assets and margin analysis; preparing supporting schedules for financial statements preparation
- Communicating with customers to address any past due invoices on their account and providing weekly status updates to management
- Ensuring all active projects are covered by valid, binding contracts
- Reviewing, analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts and investment transactions in conjunction with preparing quarterly reports for management
- Perform analysis of operations on a monthly basis
- Accounting professional with a thorough understanding of accounting procedures and financial principals.
- Collect and sort invoices and checks.
- Support supervisory and executive staff by performing any assigned accounting and clerical tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business-related field preferred. This includes a complete or comprehensive understanding of accounting practices and procedures.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to work independently.
- Skilled multitasker with excellent time management, computer literacy, and communication skills.
- Strong attention to details. Ability to take directions, self-check, and follow up on work.
- Basic data base experience and mastery of the 10-key by touch calculator.
- Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information.
- Strong people skills. A polite and professional demeanor when working with other companies, as well as guests and coworkers.
skills: A/P Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.