Our client in Montgomery County is seeking a Payroll Specialist. The Payroll Specialist will perform activities to establish and maintain employee and payroll records. Duties may include checking and auditing timekeeping records, Payroll records (tax, banking and deductions), enter/edit additional pay and perform basic accounting reconciliation tasks. Develop and maintain tracking files for internal reference and audit purposes. Tasks are routine and require ability to multi-task. Work is conducted with oversight from Payroll Analyst and Sr. Manager.
location: Silver Spring, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 3 Years
- Provide Excellent Customer Service:
- Respond timely to all phone and email inquiries.
- Review Paycheck Inquiry Forms (PIF) and process in accordance with established department standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee data.
- Kronos Time and Attendance:
- Assist managers/timekeepers and employees with timecard edits/inquiries as necessary.
- Appropriately review timecards in order to calculate overtime.
- PeopleSoft HRMS or ADP:
- Review employee data to resolve pay discrepancies.
- Enter/edit voluntary and involuntary deductions and additional pay.
- Enter salary allocation updates and retro adjustments when applicable.
- Provide SR Manager/Payroll Analyst data to be included in department file for Component Interface into PeopleSoft.
- Provide staff accountants and auditors with requested substantiation.
- Assist Human Resources with employee reviews and maintenance as appropriate.
- Off-Cycle Check Processing:
- Initiate Stop-Pay and Re-Issue requests for lost or destroyed checks.
- Process check reversals in PeopleSoft as appropriate.
- Process off-cycle checks/wires as appropriate.
- Process daily Positive Pay reporting for Treasury.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Please Apply Here!
- High School diploma required; BA/BS preferred
- FPC/CPP preferred
- 3-5 years payroll processing >2000 employees
- Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Payroll practices, general accounting and automated processing systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
skills: PeopleSoft, Payroll Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.