Our client in Washington DC is currently seeking an energetic, motivated individual for a
full-time Accounts Receivable specialist. The Accounts Receivable specialist will process cash receipts, make collection calls and drafts letters, collect gross sales reports, and keep accounts receivable ledger up to date.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
The Accounts Receivable Specialist's core duties, include, but are not limited to:
- Electronic deposit scanning of tenant rent checks
- Monitoring lockbox and ACH payments
- Posting of tenant receipts in property accounting software
- Reconciling cash receipt postings to online bank records
- Filing and maintenance of cash receipts posting
- Month end close preparation, running of reports and reconciliations as applicable
- Monitoring Gross Sales Reports, Calculating Percentage Rent
- Researching and resolving tenant queries
- Reviewing and monitoring delinquent tenant accounts and providing timely follow-up on payments
- Making collection inquiries
- Assisting with other duties as assigned
Please Apply Here!
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or related fields, Associated Degree with experience is acceptable
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years accounts receivable experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, and experience with database management and accounting software, preferably MRI
- Maintain accuracy with heavy volume
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and deadlines, as well as the capacity to accept direction from numerous sources and support other departments.
- Have strong analytical skills with the capability to communicate problems and develop resolutions through research and collaboration
- Work independently and with minimal supervision
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team, flexible and able to multitask
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.