job summary: Corporate Development Project Manager
The Corporate Development Project Manager will be a key new member of the Corporate Development team.. The Corporate Development Project Manager is responsible for organizing due diligence and integration activities within the company's Corporate Development department. The primary responsibility of the Manager is to take overall ownership for the success of the program, oversee all projects within the program, and provide a holistic view of the due diligence and integration activities to management. The Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of due diligence and integration activities while ensuring consistency with the company's strategy, commitments and business objectives for integration of acquired and/ or divested entities. The Manager must be adept at managing executive sponsors, leading project resources, balancing costs, risks and benefits to achieve optimal short-term and long-term business outcomes. The Manager will be communicating with Business stakeholders regularly and will escalate issues and risks as appropriate to the established steering and oversight committees. The Manager will provide input on Mergers & Acquisition due diligence and integration best practices, tools, templates and processes striving for continuous improvement and standardization in due diligence and integration activities.
location: Schaumburg, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Project management of all acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures through the entire lifecycle of the transaction.
- The Manager will have an emphasis on managing the entire M&A process and keeping management informed of progress to help complete post transaction activities on time, meet or exceed business plan targets and adhere to the business strategy.
- Identifying key concerns and developing and implementing recommendations to make the transaction successful and course correct early on.
- Ensuring that our M&A playbook is kept up to date and that we are following our timelines to best collaborate with key groups in the organization.
qualifications: Essential Functions
- Manage the Due Diligence process including setting up the data room, coordinating kick off meetings, managing logistics, coordinating follow up activities, and collecting Due Diligence Reports from each functional leader
- Utilizing the Due Diligence Reports, create the Management Integration Playbook
- Drive Integration Planning meetings (both internal pre-close and external post-close) to gain consensus on high-level integration activities
- Develop detailed project plans and estimates based on identified risks and options with substantiated recommendations as appropriate.
- Act as company's Account Representative throughout the TSA process including managing deliverables, billing, reconciliation, and wire transfers.
- Provide effective monitoring and controlling during the lifecycle of projects. Where appropriate, initiate and control escalation within the relevant organization to resolve project issues or mitigate risk.
- Communicate project progress to project stakeholders, through regular meetings and timely status updates including weekly status reports.
- Be the single point of contact to the customer for the delivery of integration services.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans.
- Work with business users on priorities/goals and work towards meeting those goals
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance. Accounting, or equivalent experience/education
- 5+ years related experience in Management with experience in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are required as the Manager will work across multiple functions inside company and will have regular exposure to senior management.
- Advanced leadership and ability to provide day-to-day task direction to senior members of due diligence and integration teams.
- Full understanding of the M&A process and the various tools used for program management such as Microsoft Project and virtual data rooms.
- Experienced with financial statements and building analyses in Microsoft Excel on pre and post-close transaction progress including analyses such as return on invested capital and how the business is progressing against metrics.
- Detail oriented with good time management and organizational skills to meet critical deadlines.
- Flexible with regard to changes in project requirements and shifting priorities.
- Ability to rapidly and effectively adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to conduct effective team meetings.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Exhibit a "can-do" attitude and be interested in learning all aspects of completing a transaction and helping to manage an acquisition target database.
Preferred Education Qualifications
- Undergraduate Finance or Management degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Qualified candidates please send your updated resumes to Stacey Yuan at firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Acquisitions/Due Diligence
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.