We are seeking a Temporary Claims Specialist for a limited, six month assignment
to support our Excess Casualty business unit in our New York area. We may be able to offer this position as a work from home arrangement.
This position reports to the VP of Excess Casualty Claims. The successful candidate will be able to provide insight and analysis on a variety of US excess casualty claims including matters related to construction, trucking, premises liability, property damage, product liability and construction defect. Strong liability casualty claims and litigation handling experience is a must with priority given to candidates with excess experience.
location: Purchase, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
responsibilities: Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle Excess claims and related systems and processes.
- Evaluate coverage and exposure and make substantive claim decisions for Excess claims.
- Proven ability to provide coverage, liability and damages analysis for Excess claims.
- Ability to proactively identify trends and exposures that may affect the Excess portfolio.
- Manage counsel where assigned and execute strategy to resolve claims.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of exposure to underwriting and claims management.
- Manage correspondence and claim files and maintain current diary in compliance with company standards.
- Other duties as required by management.
- Some travel may be required (once travel restrictions are lifted).
We look forward to seeking your application! Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 plus years experience required in liability claims handling with excess experience preferred and a career history of increasing responsibility.
- Strong preference for candidate who has pursued or is in the process of pursuing an insurance related designation (e.g. RPLU, CPCU IIA, AMIM).
- Direct handling of a wide variety of liability claims with an emphasis on evaluating, handling, negotiating and settling litigated and non-litigated matters with high exposure.
- Strong negotiating, analytical, written, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and various in-house claims systems -Guidewire, Genius, ImageRight is a plus).
- Multiple state adjuster licenses a plus.
- Experience with the handling of construction site accident and trucking claims and litigation (defense and coverage) is a significant plus.
skills: Insurance Claim Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.