Reporting to the Controller, this role will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations as well as the financial close and reporting processes. The Accounting Manager will have one direct report and will play a large part in building an accounting department that scales with the company. We are looking for someone who is versatile and comfortable working in fast paced and changing environment. This will be a hands-on role that requires doing a large part of the day-to-day processing as well as working cross functionally with other departments to provide meaningful financial reporting and financial statement analysis.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Preparation and review of monthly financial performance (revenue, operating profit and cash). Review monthly reconciliations and journal entries to assure accurate financial information is generated and proper internal controls are in place, in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and CECO policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance to the global management team supporting strategic decisions, capacity planning, capital requests, standard costs, variance analysis, physical inventories, operational metrics, ERP systems, reserve requirements, and other management objectives.
- Preparation of all forecasting requirements including the annual budget, monthly outlook, and weekly financial updates.
- Close alignment with VP / GMs and Director of Operations for the operating units, and the various functions under their responsibility including order entry and customer service functions.
- Pricing and cost modeling preparation and analysis.
- Conduct ASC606 reviews and consult with Sales and Legal on agreed upon contract T&C's.
- Conducts monthly operations reviews for operating units.
- Provides FP&A support across segment
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. Master's degree in Accounting not required but preferred
- Minimum of six years of public accounting and/or financial leadership experience is required.
- Management experience in leading accounting professionals and interfacing cross-functional teams is desired.
- CPA preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.