Randstad Professionals is looking for a Payroll Clerk in the Charlotte NC are.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Maintains strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders consistently maintaining a courteous, professional, and effective manner through all forms of communication.
- Utilizes computer based procedures for completing financial transactions, retrieving information, and developing reports, including but not limited to placing orders with vendors, maintaining inventory of books and supplies, and preparing payroll timesheets.
- Effectively uses accounting software to accurately process purchase orders and check requests.
- Collects cash from both internal and external sources and efficiently prepares bank deposits verifying that all transactions are balanced.
- Utilizes various business machines necessary to perform related duties, including but not limited to the copy/scan/fax machine, postage machine, and deposit/credit card terminal.
- Is efficient and accurate in organizing, maintaining timesheets, files and records.
- Date stamp all payroll timesheets.
- Alphabetize all timesheets, check for supervisors approval and valid position type.
- Enter timesheets into an excel spreadsheet with names and hourly rates or position.
- Exhibits working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and utilizes these applications to prepare and manipulate documents and spreadsheets to develop accurate reports.
- Exercises good judgment in handling confidential information and correspondence.
- Appropriately box and label end of year files.
- Create labels for the new school year.
- Performs other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School Diploma, college diploma preferred
- Proficient at Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Experience with using and supporting financial and student management applications
- Related experience to performance responsibilities and/or coursework preferred
- Strong accounting Background, plus 3 years of payroll/accounting experience
- Infinite Visions Certified or must obtain certification within first 90 days of employment
- Proficient with Quickbooks (QB's); Experienced with Activity and Imprest accounts
If interested in this position, please apply directly or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: 401K, 1099s
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.