Incredible direct hire opportunity to join a reputable and stable company in the Richmond area. Our client is looking to add a Senior Accountant to their Fixed Assets team due to growth! The fixed asset accountant position will be accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
Compensation package: Base + Bonus
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Higher
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Exceptional Excel skills and proficiency in MS Office suite
- CPA is highly preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.