Randstad Professionals is actively assisting a long time client with its search for a Cost Accountant
in Mooresville, NC.
Our client is a well established and profitable organization with a strong track record of employee development and retention. They are offering a strong compensation and benefits package and are looking to hire quickly.
location: Mooresville, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly manufacturing KPIs
- Assist in month-end closing, including preparing journal entries as necessary
- Own the inventory and fixed asset business processes for the manufacturing facility and fulfillment center locations
- Maintain cost and accounting views of the material master for new and existing products
- Design cost estimates for new products and continues reviewing changes in existing products or service costs
- Evaluate current manufacturing processes and recommend/lead cost improvement projects
- Assist in ERP implementation, along with future system enhancements
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules, and others
- Contribute to the annual budget process, along with quarterly revisions
- Support inter-departmental projects and activities as the finance/accounting lead at the manufacturing facilities
- Be a part of special projects as required
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply here, and contact Jordan Schilit with Randstad Professionals at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate and confidential consideration.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Knowledge of cost accounting processes and principles for compliance to GAAP standards.
- Experience in standard cost principles for manufacturing organizations.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP Systems.
- Basic understanding of overhead budgets and standard cost budgeting, including understanding of absorption of overhead into inventory.
- Proficiency in Excel (advanced skills), Word, and PowerPoint.
- Skills and knowledge of software platforms, analytical abilities, communication skills, and project management skills.
- Must have ability to effectively interface with plant and corporate office personnel.
- Must be able to effectively work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Accounting/Cost Accounting from an accredited University and minimum of one year related experience or B.S. in Business with 2 years of experience in cost accounting.
- Knowledge of cost accounting principles
- Advanced excel skills including pivot tables, graphs and formulas (sumif, vlookup, if, iferror, text, and/or, concatenate, etc.)
skills: Account Reconciliation, Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.