Our fast growth healthcare services industry client in Ft. Lauderdale is looking to add a Controller to their team who will be a right-hand to the CFO. The right individual for this position will have a combination of strong accounting experience in combination with a passion for process improvement.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 15 Years
- Oversee the accounting function to ensure the accurate and timely recording of transactions.
- Lead month end process for the department. Work with team members to establish and meet month end deadlines.
- Conduct monthly review of all balance sheet accounts to ensure company assets are protected and liabilities are fairly stated.
- Conduct month end analysis to identify reasons for significant variances.
- Prepare audit schedules and coordinate the response to auditor information requests.
- Assist CFO on annual budgeting process and on any interim financial forecasts.
- Lead year end federal and state tax return process. Prepare tax schedules and coordinate the response to tax accountant information requests.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function.
- Ensure controls are in place to validate that invoices are properly authorized prior to posting and that payments are properly authorized prior to disbursement.
- Ensure payables are posted with accurate accounting classifications and period.
- Identify needs and work with Human Resources to recruit new staff.
- Work alongside the CFO on projects to improve financial reporting, operational performance, and compliance.
- Conduct ad hoc financial analysis to provide information to management.
- Improve financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and controls.
- Manage relationships with banks, including account maintenance, reporting, audits, and responding to ad hoc inquiries.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification
- 15+ years professional experience
- 2+ years experience as a Controller
- 3+ years staff management experience
If you are ready to bring ambition, energy, and a business partner/solutions mentality every day to a successful and high growth organization, this could be the opportunity to you!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.