Our client in Washington DC is currently seeking an energetic, motivated individual for a
full-time Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will be primarily responsible for the month-end close process, preparation of financial reports for the company and assisting the CFO and controller in accomplishing strategic goals. The position will provide high-level technical support to the Controller, the entire Finance Department, and the other chapters through accounting expertise and advanced knowledge of the financial systems used (Intacct/Bill.com/Bi360, etc).
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
The Accounting Manager's core duties, include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare financial statements and supporting analysis narrative for company
- Assist controller in creating and implementing the chapter financial framework
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of annual financial statement audit
- Prepare Form 990 tax schedules and business property tax filings
- Preparing internal financial reports, resolving discrepancies, and providing account analyses
- Coordinate with department managers during annual budget preparation and periodic forecast updates
- Maintain monthly and year-end supporting schedules and account reconciliations
- Provide technical support for Intacct accounting software, Bi360 and Bill.com
- Respond to staff requests for financial information and reports
- Prepare journal entries for company
- Remit general ledger and payroll reports to Insurance Trust Accounting Manager on monthly basis
- Assist Controller in supervising finance staff personnel and team projects
Please Apply Here!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting at an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 6 years of related work experience, preferably with non-profit(s)
- Minimum of 2 years experience supervising
- CPA required
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, particularly for non-profit organizations
- Ability to create and maintain accounting general ledgers
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience with Intacct, Bi360 and Bill.com preferred
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication, proofreading and editing skills.
- Organizational awareness & resourcefulness - understanding of whom to engage in order to identify solutions & resolve issues
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding work schedule.
- Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently.
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards.
- Work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Some travel might be required
skills: CPA, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.