Senior Accountant needed for large managed care company headquartered in California. We are looking to fill four positions in Pasadena and Oakland.
Location: Remote - work from home
Pay: $45 per hour
Terms: 6 months (with possibility of conversion or extension)
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
Senior Accountant will be responsible for the proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Other responsibilities include analyzing account transactions, preparing account reconciliations, resolving reconciling items utilizing thinking and problem solving skills, and preparing accounting statements and reports.
Works independently and with other Accounting team members, departments, locations and divisions to resolve accounting matters. Develops solutions to a variety of problems of simple to moderate scope and complexity.
Two of these four roles also includes supervision of assignments of staff accountants to include GL, AP and fixed assets.
- Uses professional accounting concepts and internal company policies to solve complex accounting issues including the maintenance of internal controls.
- Participates in and implements monthly financial close, supervises the assignments of the staff accountants to include general ledger, accounts payable and fixed assets.
- Prepares monthly management financial reporting package and executive summary schedules.
- Coordinates and facilitates the process of documenting accounting policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Healthcare industry background
- At least 6 years of relative experience
People Soft, Oracle, One Link experience is a plus!
skills: Oracle, PeopleSoft, General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Financial Statements, Journal Entries, Financial Reporting, Month-End Close, General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.