Our client in Montgomery County is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team. The Senior Accountant performs professional level accounting work in the maintenance and review of capital projects records, assisting in monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring they meet contractual guidelines. This is a great opportunity to join a stable organization with room for growth, flexibility and excellent benefits.
location: Bethesda, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Review and record hotel submitted invoices and documentation.
- Work with Hotel finance teams to maintain accurate Capital Expenditure Reporting for hotel managed capital spend.
- Work with accounting department to ensure proper GL and FAS coding of capital items.
- Prepare capital invoices covers with GL and FA coding.
- Review and maintain property project CEP's (system).
- Prepare and submit billing for reimbursement from hotels.
- Review and monitor project FF&E reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Review project FF&E sales tax payment obligations on a quarterly basis.
- Review, prepare and consolidate project finance reporting including but not limited to Budget Forecast and Cash Flow projects.
- Review Project closeout documentation for accuracy and completion.
- Assist in preparation of any required financial reports for presentation to stakeholders.
- Assist with the coordination of accounting and finance teams regarding financial matters.
- Assist with internal and external audits as necessary.
- Ad Hoc projects as they arise.
Please Apply Here!
- BA/BS in Accounting, Business or related field.
- CPA or CPA Candidate .
- Must have a minimum of 1 years in preparing and reviewing cash flow for multiple departments, revenue streams, or projects with roll-ups.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year participating in budgeting process.
- Must have a minimum of 1 years in job cost, cost accounting and/or construction accounting.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year in capital and fixed asset accounting.
- Understanding of commercial insurance policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.