A Middlesex County Non-Profit Healthcare organization has newly created role for a Grant Accounting Manger. This Grant Accounting Manager role will be responsible for a overseeing all aspects of grant accounting.
location: Middletown, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Develop policies and procedures for grant accounting.
- Train and oversee the work of grants accountants to ensure compliance with grants policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepare and analyze reports about grant portfolio to identify issues,
- Oversee the quality of accounting tasks for all grants including the monthly closing process, required financial reporting for funders, year-end audit, and other related tasks
- Maintain, analyze, and report on general ledger and accounting records for all grants:
- Maintain all financial records to include payroll, general ledger, accounts payable, and revenue for grants
- Perform monthly bank statement reconciliations and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Reconcile grant accounts receivable on a monthly basis.
- Ensure accurate posting of grant reclassification journal entries
- Accurately compile data and create schedules and spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Analyze and report on general ledger account activity for accuracy and for variances from budget for grants
- Assist with routine reporting and special projects.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Supervise Grant Accountants and related data system staff.
- Analyzes and reports on general ledger account activity for variances from budget.
- Directly support portion of grants portfolio
- Accurately prepare and submit monthly journal entries for grants
- Prepare and submit monthly journal entries for the general ledger to complete the monthly closing process and prepare financial reports for a portion of the portfolio of grants.
- Support budget planning for grant applications as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA or public accounting experience highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with grant accounting
- Minimum 5 years management experience in financial operations
- Experience developing and training of finance and accounting staff
- Proven ability to establish collaborative working relationships within finance and other departments
- Workday experience preferred
- Strong management, communication and analytical skills
- Solid interpersonal skills essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
skills: Grant Accounting, Non profit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.