Our client, a Fortune 25 telecommunications company is looking to bring on a Right of Way/Network Contract Manager for a one year contract at their offices in Irving (remote to start).
The person in this role will lead negotiations to secure wireline network agreements. Incumbent will own and be responsible for the project management of the full life cycle of all assigned agreements from inception to post-execution maintenance. He or she must be able to accomplish work autonomously and, at times, with minimal direction which may include making recommendations on business decisions and contractual terms and conditions to ensure they meet business objectives.
location: Irving, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Negotiate terms and conditions for wireline facility agreements with utilities, municipalities, private landowners, carriers and government entities
- Draft, review and revise complex contract provisions for conduit acquisitions, dark fiber leases, master pole and conduit agreements, conduit swaps, joint builds, railroad agreements, private easements, etc.
- Secure and manage contracts of varied scope and complexity allowing Verizon to utilize major rights of way (e.g., railroad, Departments of Transportation (DOT) utility companies) for the installation, protection of established rights and operation of fiber network;
- Collaborate with Legal, Engineering, Finance, Tax, Government Affairs and Risk Management to execute/manage agreements.
- Manage, coordinate and negotiate conduit/fiber agreements; rail crossing and railroad longitudinal right of way agreements, private easements and license agreements for the installation and management of Verizon fiber optic network projects
- Manage structure access request process allowed under the Telecom Act whereby a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) applies to lease available space upon poles or within underground conduit of an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC), Power Company or similar agency
- Research company rights and have understanding and negotiate standard form reimbursement agreements with private companies, Local/State/Federal agencies, and other providers associated with facility relocations.
- Manage existing agreements, Bonds, Certificates or Insurance and Letters of Credit including agreement renewal, term enforcement, and payment authorization.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of negotiation and contract management experience
- Experience with or knowledge of land contracts, including leases, private easements, surface use, relocation agreements pursuant to right of way acquisition and use.
- Experience with or knowledge of the entire land acquisition process, including: ability to direct and understand survey plats, ability to read and interpret engineered drawings, ability to review and understand land title, and knowledge of all required parts needed in a land acquisition package prior to document execution.
- Ability to understand complex business plans and to successfully negotiate contract terms and conditions to meet company objectives.
- Ability to act independently or as a member of a highly technical team responsible for fulfilling complex business requirements, deal summaries, develop solutions to complex problems and make decisions that impact development of high qualify deliverables
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to corporate audiences
- Relationship-building capabilities and experience managing competing opinions and priorities
- Ability to compare competitor agreements, note variations, and negotiate for equitable treatment in agreements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Google Earth and Adobe Professional and willingness to learn new applications.
Even better if you have:
- Juris Doctor degree7+ years of contract management experience.
- 2+ years of telecommunication, fiber construction/installation experience.
- Experience in telecommunications industry and knowledge of Federal and State Telecommunication Regulations governing use of public right of way.
- Requires a broad range of skills within a professional discipline to effectively perform complex assignments; demands familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local laws, and other regulations regarding a telecommunications provider's use of municipal rights of way.
- Familiarity with utility construction permit application process at the municipal (city/county) level, as well as, other regulatory agencies such as DOT, railroads, state land departments, and forest services.
- General familiarity with telecom outside plant construction terminology and techniques including facility locates, pole attachments, engineering plans, facility relocation, and directional drilling.
- SAP or other related accounting software experience a plus.
skills: Contract Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.