job summary: Accounting Manager Fantastic opportunity with an award-winning organization in downtown Providence, RI!
location: Providence, Rhode Island
job type: Permanent
salary: $88,000 - 93,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the accounting teams to ensure all accounting transactions are prepared timely and correctly.
- Maintain appropriate internal and external controls related to grant compliance, institutional policies, and external audit requirements.
- Responsible for oversight of cash receipts and disbursements related to federal and state programs, wire transfers and general ledger functions.
- Reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Coordinate month-end and year end close process, including review of journal entries and General Ledger Account reconciliations.
- Overseeing the accounting systems and databases;
- Preforming financial analytics on account transactions and balances;
- Implementing and maintaining internal department controls.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is a must. CPA or MBA certification highly desired
- 4+ years working in Grant Accounting
- 6+ years of experience in accounting in a non-profit environment, which includes the preparation of financial statements, management of accounting staff (up to 8), strong GAAP and GASB regulations, and assisting with the internal audit
- Expert level Excel knowledge and proficient in major ERP systems
- Excellent written and oral communication, technical accounting and computer skills required.
- Must be able to provide excellent professional references
For immediate consideration, please email: Michelle DesChenes at email@example.com. Interviews will take place this week.
skills: Cash Applications, Grant Accounting, Contract Administration, Government Accounting, Cash Forecasting, Cash Handling, Governance Risk & Controls / Audit, Government
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.